As the Burston Sewage Project begins…( workmen begnining to appear on Monday 4th September) the first road closures are coming on Monday 11th September in Audley End.
Various roads will be closed in the village (Burston) and at the bottom of Durbidge’s Hill over the next seven months so there will be some traffic difficulties up until the spring of next year.
Below is the content of an email from Anglian Water showing the proposed timetable. I propose to send reminders as each closure comes into effect, and to let you know if the timetable ‘slips’.
Anglian have said work will not commence before 7.30 in the morning & later at weekends.
Anglian Water have now confirmed that work on setting up the site compound will start on Monday 4th September. The compound will be located on Gissing Road.
Pipelaying will commence at Audley End on 11 September
To ensure the safety of the public and our site team’s work in the highway is being carried out under road closures with clearly signed diversion routes with the exception of work in Crown Green which will be carried out under two way traffic lights.
The current programme for road closures is as follows:
- Audley End – 11/09/2017 to 11/10/2017 – approved by NCC Highways
- Gissing Road –22/09/2017 to 07/11/2017 – approved by NCC Highways
- Diss Road – 02/11/2017 to 05/01/2018 – approved by NCC Highways
- Bridge Road – 08/11/2017 to 22/12/2017
- Mill Green south – 16/01/2018 to 14/02/2018
- Mill Green north – 15/02/2018 to 03/03/2018
- Hall Road – 05/03/2018 to 14/03/2018
- Long Road – 05/03/2018 to 19/03/2018
Work in Mill Road will take place in two stages and will also require a closure and will take place on Sundays only, the road being kept open for traffic on Mondays to Fridays
- Mill Road (1) – 05/11/2017 to 03/12/2017 – SUNDAYS ONLY
- Mill Road (2)– 10/12/2017 to 14/01/2018 – SUNDAYS ONLY
Work in Crown Green will also take place in two stages under traffic lights and give and take, the road being kept open for traffic
- Crown Green (1) – 20/10/2017 to 29/11/2017 – TWO WAY LIGHTS
- Crown Green (2)– 10/02/2018 to 18/02/2018 – GIVE AND TAKE
Work in Market Lane is currently programmed to take place between 13/11/2017 and 30/11/2017