We hope that you will join us in the commemorative and celebratory events for Remembrance Sunday 11th November 2018
Dickleburgh and Rushall are joining a nationwide tribute to the millions killed or wounded in battle, and those on the home front who struggled amidst pain and loss to help ensure freedom survived.
The Day’s events:
- 06:00 A piper will play “Battle’s O’er” at Dickleburgh War Memorial
- 10:15 The Royal British Legion, other organisations and the community muster at Dickleburgh Village Centre before marching to the War Memorial for the laying of wreaths.
- 11:00 A bugler will play the last post before the Remembrance Service in Dickleburgh Church.
- 12:30-19:30 Hog Roast and later bangers-in-a-roll at Dickleburgh Village Centre, courtesy of the 100th Refuelling Wing Chapel USAF Mildenhall
- 13:00-16:00 Displays in the Village centre from Dickleburgh RBL, Dickleburgh School, Sea Scouts, Stay & Play & the Art Group
- 17:00-18:30 Tea & cakes provided by the Oxlip Group & sing-a-long led by Danny Fisher
- 18:55 The Last Post
- 19:00 Lighting of the WW1 Beacon
- 19:05 Ringing Out For Peace at All Saints’ Church Dickleburgh
- 19:05 A Cry for Peace